If you're a prolific photo Tumblr-er, then this extension's for you. Deja Vu helps you find duplicate images on your Tumblr blog using an advanced open source perceptual hashing algorithm. This sounds fancy, but what it really means is that you no longer have to download your photos and install a separate desktop photo fingerprinting application to detect duplicate images. Simply go to your blog and click on the big blue button—that's all there is to it.
NOTE: You can only find duplicates on blogs that belong to you. Since this extension relies on Tumblr's API, you will need an API key in order to use it (it takes about a minute to apply for your free key).
- Scans photos and photosets in Posts, Drafts, and Queue for duplicate images.
- You can delete posts directly from the extension.
- You can change the threshold that determines whether two images are considered duplicates.
- You can exclude false positive matches in future scans.
- For improved performance, eight images are processed concurrently and the results for each blog are cached.
- Your settings are synced across PCs. Cached results can grow larger than 100 KB (the sync limit), so they are not synced.
- Added note counts
- Added ability to ignore pairs
- Added top pagination
- Improved error handling and logging (v2.5.1)
- Improved reliability (v2.5.3)
- Improved note count and post deletion code (v2.5.3)
- Refactored code
- Fixed Options always opening in new tab (v2.5.4)